Sunday, September 11, 2011

MANAGEMENT SPEAK

Management Speak: That's a good question.
Meaning: I don't have a good answer.

Management Speak: You have to show your flexibility.
Meaning: You have to do it whether you want to or not.

Management Speak: I don't totally disagree with you.
Meaning: You may be right, but I don't care.

Management Speak: We're going to follow a strict methodology here.
Meaning: We're going to do it my way.

Management Speak: Empower.
Meaning: Freely blame your subordinates for your problems.

Management Speak: I'd like your buy in on this.
Meaning: I want someone else to blame when this thing bombs.

Management Speak: I'm not saying no, but I'm certainly not saying yes.
Meaning: No.

Management Speak: The system has to be flexible.
Meaning: We don't know what the hell we want.

No comments: